What makes a good coach, and why you should hire one
Have you ever thought to yourself, maybe I should hire a coach. My belief is, we should all have one, I have one! We need to acknowledge that we don't know everything, and sometimes we just need assistance! It's ok to have a coach, someone you can talk too, bounce things off of. So, if are thinking about it, this is what you should look for, and why you should hire one.
What makes for an excellent coach?
There probably is no one single attribute that all excellent coaches possess, but good coaches get the job done... they listen, encourage, and support!
These are my top 3, that I like to see in coaches.
- They cared deeply about people.
- They have high personal standards and integrity.
- They have a high level of self-knowledge, and probably a story of their own they will share.
. Top coaches should also possess many of these:
1. Own Personal Self awareness.
2. High emotional intelligence.
3. Broad vision.
4. Good communication.
5. Highest regard, and respect for clients.
6. Creative thinking
7. Perceptive and intuitive..
8. Quick study with a capacity for learning.
9.. Sincere interest in clients and desire to help.
10. Continuous teacher of themselves and experiences.
11. Humble, open, nurturing and grateful.
12. Walking the talk and modeling a good life for their clients.
Expert coaches work on themselves daily. They are open to new ideas and philosophies. They study coaching and take coaching and helping their clients seriously.
They care about the person they are working with.
That's what it's all about anyhow, isn't it? Helping people?
Why you should hire a coach?
A coach won't do the work for you, but here is how a coach can help launch you to the next level.
1. A coach will be a confidant. You can tell your coach things you wouldn't tell others, because a coach is trained to understand and be non-judgmental.
2. A coach will help you see your blind spots. Everyone, even the coach, has personal areas that are out of view or awareness until someone points them out.
3. A coach can provide objective feedback. Other people may have agendas. Your coach has your best interests in mind and will provide feedback.
4. A coach provides another set of eyes. sometimes we can't see what is right if front of us, a coach can point them out.
5. A coach will keep you accountable. Your coach can help you take on more responsibility by having you report weekly on your progress.
6. A coach can be a great sounding board. Your coach can be another set of ears as you talk about the things that are bothering you. Sometimes when we can vent, new ideas and thoughts emerge.
7. A coach can be a source of creative ideas.
8. A coach can help you create your vision. Your coach can assist you in developing your plans for success based on your values, strengths.
9. A coach will help celebrate your successes and be a source of strength when you fail.
10. A coach can help you process life. Life is a process and a good coach can assist you in reviewing and move your forward.
I believe we all need a coach, a mentor, to help us pac man through life...I call it pac man, because in the video game world, it was a little pong maneuvering through the challenges of the game...Well life is the same, maneuvering, and swerving through life, challenges, and obstacles that get thrown at us daily. and having a coach on your side, not only can show you the routes or detours to get through, but will support you through the ups and downs...so you don't feel alone...Why...because, we all matter. When you have a good coach, it is priceless.
Now go out and make somebody smile:)
Patricia !!!!! "RahRah"
Realtor® , NLP, Life Coach, Podcaster
I love coaching and helping others. It makes me smile, to see my clients smile. So if you are in need of a mentor/coach, to motivate, and bring more positivity and smiles to your world ...Let's talk! It is a free consultation.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been a 5 star coach and mentor of life and real estate for 25 years in the Bellevue/Seattle Area.
In addition, I am a podcaster, motivator, mentor and a Inspirational Realtor® based in Seattle, Washington who love's moving people with heart.
What I do... is Real Estate, but who I am... is living life in a positive way, giving value in what I do...and always "Moving People With Heart!"
Get to know me by joining The RahRah Squad
Let's Talk! 425 445 0507