7 Things That Can Go Wrong If You Hire The Wrong Real Estate Agent
I want to make sure you are not one of the 70% that have a negative real estate experience....enjoy the read.Buying a home is the biggest investment you'll likely ever make, and it has all sorts of implications for your personal and financial future. This is why it's so important to work with the right agent. Too many people don't realize just how much can go wrong if they make the wrong hire. There are some very serious problems that can arise if you accidentally work with the wrong person to buy or sell a home. Here are some of them:
1. Not listeningA professional real estate agent (or any other professional for that matter) will take the time to listen and understand their client and the client's needs. The wrong one, however, isn't going to listen to what you have to say, and will instead focus on what they want for themselves. This will set the precedent for the rest of the process and make any real estate transaction a miserable experience. An agent who doesn't take the time to know your wants and needs will cause you stress, confusion and heartache.
2. Bad adviceIf there's one thing you need a competent agent for, it's the advice they're able to provide. A good agent will serve as your trusted advisor, guiding you through the myriad of decisions you'll make when buying or selling a home. A bad agent, however, will either give you advice that's not based on any experience or research, or is just plain self-serving. This can cost you financially or prevent you from accomplishing your goals altogether.
3. Failed negotiationsLots of people consider themselves good negotiators, but very few actually are. While negotiating might be just one part of real estate, it's an important one. You need someone on your side who's working in your best interests in a competent and effective way. A bad agent will either negotiate in such a way that attainable deals fall through, or will simply negotiate in their own best-interests rather than the interest of their clients (you).
4. Lack of responsivenessThis may or may not be one of your pet-peeves, but unresponsiveness in something as complex as a real estate transaction can be an absolute nightmare for the person whose money, home, and future are on the line. A great agent is available most any time you need them (within reason). The wrong one, however, will let your calls, messages, and emails go unanswered while you worry yourself sick about what's happening (or not happening).
5. Missed opportunitiesReal estate is a business that moves quickly, especially when the market is hot. Even when there's high demand, there are still opportunities for buyers, and a good agent will know how to spot them and take advantage quickly. The wrong agent will miss good opportunities because they're unable to recognize them, will move too slowly and miss them, or just generally not care.
6. Legal pitfallsReal estate is complex by nature, and legal questions arise on a frequent basis. Thankfully, good agents have the knowledge and resourcefulness to help you navigate them and can find solutions even if they're not immediately apparent. Hiring the wrong agent will mean that when the inevitable problems creep up during the transaction, they'll either give you the wrong advice on what to do, or will simply look at you and shrug their shoulders.
7. The process won't be enjoyableThere's no rule that says a real estate transaction has to unpleasant. Yes, it's a lengthy process that has lots of implications. But if you take a step back and think about it, buying or selling a home is usually a positive thing—whether it's an upgrade, a money-saving downgrade, or a general lifestyle change. You should work with someone who can at least make it a pleasant experience. And that's the thing about hiring the wrong agent. They're all but guaranteed to make the process one that you won't enjoy. So choose your next real estate agent wisely; your happiness—and the height of your high five when it's over—will likely depend on it.
Now go out and make someone smile!
Patricia !!!!! "RahRah"
Moving or relocating? I Find and personally Match You With Top REALTORS© Nationwide. I don't use Algorithms, computers may know how you like to buy, but they can't read your personality!
I am an author, encourager, motivator, mentor and a Inspirational Realtor© who love's moving people with heart, I am an advocate for buyers and sellers nationwide, and personally screen and help you choose the best Realtor© (from my vast Realtor© network nationwide) for your specific wants and needs. It's personalized! I provide tools and strategies throughout the entire transaction and transition. This is a "No Cost" service for buyers and sellers! Don't be a statistic, there is a 70% chance you could choose the wrong Realtor© and have a negative experience when buying or selling a home! This is the biggest transaction in your life... so, let's do it right!
I not only move people physically, but emotionally, In addition to being a Realtor© I am a Life Stylist (mentor), styling the life that a business person deserves, by mentoring Realtors© to live a fun, positive and successful Real Estate Career! I go to the core, I don't put a band aid on it, I will create a lifestyle change where you will smile at the new day! I love sharing my 25 years of real estate experience and my lifetime of overcoming negativity.
Get to know me by joining my RahRah Squad along with my other 130,000 followers on Social Media ,and receive tips, ideas on home, inspiration and life, and you will also receive my 5 diamonds video series. These diamonds will give you 5 powerful steps on turning any struggles into successes!