6 Reasons Your Agent Wants You Pre-Approved Before Showing You Homes
Ever had an agent deny to show you a home because you weren't pre-approved for a mortgage? It's not because they're mean, or they don't value your business... it's actually because they're looking out for your best interests. Let's face it, shopping for a home before getting pre-approved for a mortgage is like walking into a grocery store without a wallet. You may have the desire to buy, but you lack the ability. Let’s cover some basics...
What is a mortgage pre-approval?In a nutshell, a mortgage pre-approval is written assurance from a lender or broker that you’re able to borrow money to purchase a home up to a certain amount. It’s based on the income, employment and asset documentation you supply at the time of application, in conjunction with your credit history. So let's look at the 6 reasons you should get pre-approved.
1. It carries more weight than a “pre-qualification”.A pre-approval differs from a pre-qualification. With the former, the lender has actually checked your credit and verified your documentation to approve a specific loan amount (usually for a particular time period such as 30, 60 or 90 days). A pre-qualification can be useful as an estimate of how much you can afford to spend on your home, but it’s a less accurate indicator of your ability to purchase. A pre-approval always carries more weight.
2. You’ll know how much house you can afford.Getting pre-approved before you begin house hunting allows you to know how much house you can realistically afford. Knowing this narrows down the options and makes the selection process more efficient. Not to mention, it protects you from the unpleasant surprise of realizing the home you fell in love with doesn’t fit your budget.
3. It adds clout to your offer.In many markets, homes attract more than one offer. If the sellers are weighing one offer against another, they may lean towards the one accompanied by a pre-approval letter. That’s because pre-approvals instill confidence that the buyer is financially capable of purchasing their home.
4. It could increase your negotiating power.In addition to strengthening your offer when compared to buyers who haven’t taken this step, getting pre-approved may give you the upper-hand when negotiating the price. If the homeowner is eager to sell, they may be more willing to accept a lower offer from someone they’ve been assured is financially capable of purchasing their home.
5. It saves time.Obtaining a mortgage is a lengthy process. Getting pre-approved ahead of time shortens the time between contract to close -- this way you’re ready to proceed with finalizing the mortgage once you’ve found the home you want to purchase.
6. Without it, most agents won’t work with you.Makes sense, too. Right? Think about it: when you hire an agent, he/she will invest countless hours showing you homes over the course of your house hunt. If you were in their shoes, wouldn’t you want assurance that your hard work would lead to a favorable outcome for both you and your client?
Now go out and make somebody smile:)
Patricia !!!!! "RahRah"
I have been a 5 star Realtor® in the Bellevue/Seattle Area of Washington State, and mentor of Real Estate for 25 years nationally. My goal is to provide the best service, so you will happily refer me to your friends, family and co-workers. So if you are in need of a Top Realtor® or need a mentor/coach, to inspire, motivate, and bring more positivity into your life...Let's talk!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a podcaster, motivator, mentor and a Inspirational Realtor® based in Seattle, Washington who love's moving people with heart.
In addition to being a Realtor and mentor in Seattle, Wa. I am an advocate for buyers and sellers nationwide, and will personally screen and help you choose the best Realtor® if you are relocating around the US or Canada, (from my vast network nationwide) for your specific wants and needs. It's personalized! So contact me at Patricia@patricialove.com
What I do... is Real Estate, but who I am... is living life in a positive way, giving value in what I do...and always "Moving People With Heart!"
Want to get to know me better, get my Free 5 Diamond Videos and change your life...
or do you want to take action now, get a Free 30 Minute Consultation
Let's Talk! 425 445 0507 or email me at Patricia@RahRahRealEstate.Love